We are excited to announce the Big Other Book Awards 2020! The awards aim to recognize excellence in literature and to promote and support the work of innovative writers and adventurous presses.
Here are the submission guidelines:
1. Books must be published between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. E-books, audiobooks, and reissued editions will not be considered.
2. We will select one winner in each of the following categories:
• Graphic Novel
3. Books can be submitted by publishers and authors, although we reserve the right to honor any eligible book. There’s no limit to the number of titles a publisher or author may submit.
4. Two finished copies of each book submitted should be mailed directly here:
Big Other | c/o John Madera | 1840 W. 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY 11223. Galleys will not be considered.
5. The entry fee is $30 for each book. Payment can be made HERE. Be sure to attach a cover letter with a press release.
6. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible after publication. Packages must be postmarked by December 31, 2020. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
6. Finalists will be announced in spring 2021. Winners will be announced at the Big Other Book Awards ceremony in the summer of 2021 (date and location tbd).
On May 16, 2020, the Big Other Book Awards Ceremony recognized excellence in literature published in 2019. During the livestreamed event (video below), we announced a winner in each of the following categories: fiction, graphic novel, poetry, nonfiction, and translation. A Readers’ Choice Award and awards for lifetime achievement and outstanding service to the literary community were presented.
Here’s the video of the ceremony: