We are excited to announce the inaugural Big Other Book Awards. This award aims to recognize excellence in literature, to promote and support the work of innovative writers and adventurous presses.
Here are the submission guidelines:
1. Books must be published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. E-books, audiobooks, and reissued editions will not be considered.
2. We will select one winner in each of the following categories:
3. Books should be submitted by publishers, although we reserve the right to honor any eligible book. There’s no limit to the number of titles a publisher may submit.
4. Two finished copies of each book submitted should be mailed directly here:
Big Other | c/o John Madera | 1840 W. 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY 11223. Galleys will not be considered.
5. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible after publication. Packages must be postmarked by December 31, 2019. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
6. Winners will be announced in the summer of 2020. The awards ceremony will be held in the fall of 2020.