Starting today, interested parties can order it directly from Lawrence and Gibson’s website. (I’ll let you know when it becomes available through other venues.)
For those of you in the US, there are three different options when purchasing it:
- You can buy the book for $38 NZD (that’s the total cost; ~$31 USD) and have it shipped right away;
- You can buy the book for $33 NZD (again, total; ~$27 USD) and wait to have it shipped anywhere in the US after 4 July;
- Chicago-only: You can buy the book for$28 NZD (again, total; ~$23 USD) and receive it from me personally sometime after 4 July. I will also kiss you, if you’d like!
Be aware that “sometime after 4 July” means “something like 2–4 weeks after that,” since in those cases my publisher will be shipping the books in bulk to me. Note also that options 2 and 3 are guaranteed only through 4 July, although option 1 will still be available after that. If that doesn’t make any sense, you might find the L&G site more coherent. Or, just email me and I will attempt to clarify (I like to think I understand it…).
Of Giant Slugs, others have said:
Told in a style unlike any other—a dazzling prose-poetry-comedy like some jackdaw Professor of Everything colliding fragments of ancient myth, world culture and modern ephemera into a multi-coloured verbal collage—Giant Slugs is startlingly, refreshingly original and more than a mere novelty.
—Michael Kelly, author of Ulrich Haarbürste’s Novel of Roy Orbison in Cling Film
“I admire A D Jameson to the point of being disturbed by him.”
—Gabriel Gudding, author of Rhode Island Notebook and A Defense of Poetry
A few excerpts have meanwhile appeared in journals:
- Action, Yes: “The Walls of Uruk” (from Chapter 1, “The Walls of Uruk”);
- elimae: “Death Summit” (from Chapter 10, “Black Hunger”);
- The Collagist: “Dar Williams” (from Chapter 11, “A Drink at the Twilight Ale House”).
Thanks once again to everyone who checks it out!
(And while we’re here, I may as well note that my first book, the prose collection Amazing Adult Fantasy, is still available from Mutable Sound and through Amazon.)
19 thoughts on “My First Novel, Giant Slugs, Is Now Available (Ordering Information Updated)”
That cover is wicked cool. Congrats on the first novel.
Thanks, Tamara! And you were there when I decided to write a novel called Giant Slugs–I had the idea while living in my Red Bank apartment. I remember you were one of the first persons I told… (although my idea of what it would be was quite different then).
I also remember you told me about banana slugs at the time…