Via Adam Robinson:
FACING PAGES 2009 Statewide Convening
Beyond the Tangled Web:
Envisioning a Comprehensive Technology Strategy for Your Literary Organization
Friday, October 30th 2009, 9 am – 5 pm in New York City
followed by wine & cheese reception 5:30 p.m. – 7 pm
The day will include three panel discussions led by six leading literary presenters, magazines and presses which will explore how literary organizations can utilize new technologies to further their missions. Our focus is on creating a technology plan that encompasses the use of the practical tools (social networking, user-generated content, multimedia, archiving, etc.) along with vision-driven approaches to development, including content distribution, staff management, audience building, and more.
The three panels, while grouped into specific areas of interest (book publishers, literary organizations, literary magazines), are all designed to bring forward issues that are important to everyone working in the literary field, so please plan to join us for the day.
- Beth Harrison & Billy Merrell, The Academy of American Poets (NYC)
- Geoffrey Gatza, Blaze Vox Books (Buffalo)
- Alexis Boemhler, Managing Director of Circulation & Development, BOMB magazine (Brooklyn)
- Lena Valencia, Web Editor, BOMB magazine (Brooklyn)
- Adam Robinson, Publishing Genius (Baltimore, MD)
- Lars Reilly & Veronica Liu, Seven Stories Press (NYC)
- E.J. Van Lanen, Three Percent (Rochester)
Panel Moderators Include
- Hoong Yee Lee Krakauer, Queen Council on the Arts
- Michael Kelleher, Just Buffalo Literary Center
- Maribeth Batcha, One Story Magazine
At Poets House | 10 River Terrace | New York, NY 10282
1 thought on “Upcoming Conference in NYC: “Beyond the Tangled Web””
I’d like to see Adam speak.